Passion Is Only A BookTok Away...

     


    Well fearless readers, to say that I am back is an understatement. Unless you have been living under a rock for the last year and a half you know that the world has drastically changed. I, like most of the world, spent the majority of lockdown becoming addicted to TikTok. When the excitement of dance trends and baking banana bread wore off I was left with a For You Page filled with puppies, babies, and most importantly for our purposes today, books. I am so glad that I found myself on BookTok. For those of you that don't know, BookTok is a section of TikTok where people review the books they are currently reading. It has become so popular that you'll see "Featured on BookTok" sections in most bookstores now. Now I know many of you have just strained your eyes from rolling them so hard at me. But stay with me! BookTok has reignited in me a love of reading that I haven't felt since I was in middle school and it's why I'm back here writing this post today. 


    After watching a handful of videos about books, I headed to my local Barnes and Noble with the idea of buying the first books in several series I had seen a lot of people talking about. I figured I would read them and choose which series I enjoyed the most. I never anticipated loving them all. I never anticipated reading 7 books that week. I was not ready. My bank account was not ready. I spent February and March falling in love with reading like never before, setting up a bullet journal to track what I had read, and talking to friends about the worlds I was loving. Skip ahead to May of this year and I have read 28 books with no plans to stop. This is the most reading I've ever done and I can't wait to share with you the books I'm loving!


    Readers be warned: I have fallen into a DEEP YA fantasy hole and do not see myself climbing out of it any time soon. If you are not a fantasy fan (I challenge you to give one of these books a try and see if it changes your mind!) stick with me! I'm trying to pepper in some thrillers, historical fiction, and even a few romance choices as well!


     I hope one of my reviews will help you find your gateway to reading. Maybe you'll end of up on BookTok too. You never know what seemingly insignificant moments will lead to a passion. I invited you to explore those moments and never shy away from something new, be it in books or in life. 

Comments